Okay, so I found out that I have nodules on my thyroid. Big deal, right? Half of all Americans have nodules. Well, I followed my docs instructions and went to see my ENT. Dr.D told me that I have a calcified nodule. This raises some suspicion and I will need an ultrasound guided FNA biopsy. The chances of cancer are minimal, but even if it turns out to be cancer it is highly curable. They will remove my thyroid and do some fancy radiation on the area and BOOM, I am most likely cured. Still, CANCER??? As of the last couple years I have decided not to worry about stuff like this until I know there is something to worry about. So, on June 8, I will have my first biopsy and on June 15th, I will get my results.So say a prayer that things turn out normal and the results of my calcified nodule comes back normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment