Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gulf Shores Vacation.

I just got back from Gulf Shores, AL. This was a real treat. I got to go with one of my best buddies Melissa and her three kids. Perhaps we were crazy taking five kids under the age of five on an eight hour car ride, but I think they did awesome. Of course we had our moments, but overall, this was a success.

Highlights and surprises:

1.) There were no Snow Cones ANYWHERE!

2.) There wasn't a donut or bagel place north of where we stayed.

3.) P. LOVED the ocean, but wouldn't get off the steps to the pool.





4.) K. loves Cotton Candy Ice Cream.

5.) DVD's in the car for long trips are life savers.

6.) P. and K. pet an Albino King Snake, Ferrett, Chinchilla and a Bearded Dragon, but screamed to the top of their lungs when a fly was in the car!



7.) There is an animated movie character for nearly all animals at the zoo. We saw: Simba, Nala, Kenai, Master Owgwai and many other characters while at the zoo.

8.) Linda's quick and sloppy cake was extremely impressive and I would have purchased it in a store. She also made my favorite "Low Country Boil."

9.) The Tanger Outlet mall had an awesome playground for the kids, but had only three restaurants in the food court.

10.) My friends Linda and Melissa and I took EIGHT children under FIVE to the zoo in the very hot weather....but I have to admit, this was one of my favorite outings!

No comments:

Post a Comment