
Okay, let's get this out of the way. I am a thirty year old woman who reads young adult fiction. I see no reason why this has to be weird, but if it is to some of you, so be it.
I finished the Harry Potter series a couple months back. I have to say wow. JK Rowling is a great writer! The last year or so I have become quite the avid fiction reader. I got excited to read Harry Potter partly because I had seen the movies and liked them, but also because the "Half Blood Prince" was coming out. I wanted to see how the books compared to the movies. I am trying to decide if I should generally see the movie first or the book. I have to say the book first. I am sure I drive my husband crazy by saying, "that didn't happen in the book," but the book can give so much more detail. For example, the HBP (Half-Blood Price) book was fantastic in capturing Severus Snape, who by the way is one of my fav characters. The movie hardly did justice. I don't recall the Weasly's house burning down...perhaps I forgot though...wait no...it didn't burn down because the Big Wedding is at their place in Deathly Hallows. I thought the Harry and Ginny relationship was WAY toned down. I would have liked to see Dumbledore's funeral...these are just a few. I have to admit that I got the HBP and the Deathly Hallows mixed up in my brain.
BUT there are some movie props to be given, Tom Felton, Draco Malfoy, wow, I enjoyed his character. We see so little of him in the previous books, at least from a human standpoint. It was really great to see more than just a cowardly, bully in Draco. I enjoyed seeing him man-up, yet still be such a frightened boy. Hard to explain, but I liked it. I liked how Tom Riddle was portrayed. His character gave me the chills, just as he should have. And good ole Harry Potter, I loved his acting when he was on the Luck Potion. Super fun! And of course, the imagery and general enjoyment of the film was great fun.
__________________________________________________________________
So the next exciting news is the Percy Jackson and the Olympian film coming out February 12, 2010. The teaser trailer of "The Lightening Theif" (part 1 of 5) came out a week or so ago and my very dear reading buddy ST sent me the link to the trailer. I knew it was coming out, but never did I realize that the trailer was out. From what I see....super exciting. So, I urge you, go read the books first. You get even more excited when you do that.
I finished the Harry Potter series a couple months back. I have to say wow. JK Rowling is a great writer! The last year or so I have become quite the avid fiction reader. I got excited to read Harry Potter partly because I had seen the movies and liked them, but also because the "Half Blood Prince" was coming out. I wanted to see how the books compared to the movies. I am trying to decide if I should generally see the movie first or the book. I have to say the book first. I am sure I drive my husband crazy by saying, "that didn't happen in the book," but the book can give so much more detail. For example, the HBP (Half-Blood Price) book was fantastic in capturing Severus Snape, who by the way is one of my fav characters. The movie hardly did justice. I don't recall the Weasly's house burning down...perhaps I forgot though...wait no...it didn't burn down because the Big Wedding is at their place in Deathly Hallows. I thought the Harry and Ginny relationship was WAY toned down. I would have liked to see Dumbledore's funeral...these are just a few. I have to admit that I got the HBP and the Deathly Hallows mixed up in my brain.
BUT there are some movie props to be given, Tom Felton, Draco Malfoy, wow, I enjoyed his character. We see so little of him in the previous books, at least from a human standpoint. It was really great to see more than just a cowardly, bully in Draco. I enjoyed seeing him man-up, yet still be such a frightened boy. Hard to explain, but I liked it. I liked how Tom Riddle was portrayed. His character gave me the chills, just as he should have. And good ole Harry Potter, I loved his acting when he was on the Luck Potion. Super fun! And of course, the imagery and general enjoyment of the film was great fun.
__________________________________________________________________
So the next exciting news is the Percy Jackson and the Olympian film coming out February 12, 2010. The teaser trailer of "The Lightening Theif" (part 1 of 5) came out a week or so ago and my very dear reading buddy ST sent me the link to the trailer. I knew it was coming out, but never did I realize that the trailer was out. From what I see....super exciting. So, I urge you, go read the books first. You get even more excited when you do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment